Sunday, March 4, 2012

Introuducing...

Ok everybody here she is, our beautiful, soon to be daughter.  Those of you from Reeces Rainbow already know who she is but for the others, meet "Marguerite."  This is her RR name, given to keep her identity safe until a family commits to her.  Her real name is Claudia.  Yes, we will be keeping her name as it means a LOT to us.

About 18 or so years ago, God brought another little girl into my life through adoption, I was only 9 years old back then but it opened my eyes to adoption and I knew that someday I too would welcome a child into my home through adoption.  That girl is my cousin Claudia!  She was adopted from Guatemala all those years ago and has been a blessing to our family ever since. 

Jason and I did not know (our daughter Claudia's) name until after we began the adoption process.  We simply knew her as "Marguerite."  The day that we were told her real name was a day of reaffirmation from God.  I was on the phone with my adoption agency and we were discussing the letter that Jason and I had to write for the government of her country.  For the letter, we needed her real name and my agency told me it was Claudia.  I was dumbfounded.  WOW, thatnk you God for that!!  Later, I found out that I actually needed the rest of her name for the letter and it came in an email.  Her middle name is Angelica.  God is good!  My whole first name is Angeline.  I don't know how God could be any more clear than to send us a child named Claudia Angelica. 

We are proud to be able to share her with our friends, family and other supporters.  You will see that we now have our family sponsorship donation button u pon the right.  This is a tax deductible way to help us finance her adoption.  The money will stay with her in the event that we are unable to adopt her so that she will find another home quickly. 

We thank you for your prayers and support. 

3 comments:

  1. Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL - I am so excited to follow your journey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful! Congratulations! I can't wait to see your story unfold :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just joining your journey as a prayer warrior after Steve sent home the link from his Calvary Automation email. It's a wonderful moment when individuals get a chance at family. Praying you home with precious cargo Claudia Angelica...handpicked by God! Back to catching up on your blog and recovering from the cute attack! :)
    Respectfully,
    heather lange

    ReplyDelete