Monday, March 26, 2012

The Husband Speaks!

So, now that Angie has finally allowed me to post on here, I figured the time was ripe for my first ever blog post.

First things first: A lot of people that I haven't been able to catch up with for a while probably think that this is really out of character for me. 

I completely agree.  This is a good thing, really.

My "character" is selfish, prideful, quick-tempered and lazy.  If something I'm doing now is out of character for who I've been for most of my life, I know I'm doing something that's heading me in the right direction.

The person that I want to be is not who I have been, so the more out of character I act, the better.

Second: The first thing that most people (outside of my Cross Creek family) ask me when I tell them that Angie and I are being called by God to adopt a soon to be 3 year old girl with special needs from Latin (/South) America is "Are you crazy!?" To which the answer is of course: "Yes, quite."

If you had tried to tell me a couple of years ago that I would ever be the kind of person who says stuff like "I know this is what God wants me to do right now" I would have laughed in your face and walked away. 

I do NOT cry.  Ever.  I make Chuck Norris look like a big softie.  But when I think about meeting our little girl for the first time - wondering if she'll hug me, or be afraid of me - I come close to tearing up.  We don't know if she can walk, or talk or what her level of independence is, or will ever be, but I love that little girl more than my own life. 

If the change that's taken place in me isn't proof that God is real, and working in people's hearts and lives, I don't know what is.

2 comments:

  1. What a great post, Jason! I manage the RR website and I fell in love with "Claudia" last year. I hope someday that my husband's heart will soften as your has...and I'm so grateful that she's going to your family since it couldn't be mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. falling in love is quite alright...with babies....with God....with tears. enJOY
    heather lange

    ReplyDelete