Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sorry for no updates...

I am sorry that I have not updated in a few days.  Since getting to our new hotel we have been busy!  We have so many friends there and have also had appointments.

On Monday Claudia went in to have her Tuberculin test (PPD).  Our facilitator picked us up and we drove to the doctors office.  While we were waiting, we met a family adopting5 Colombian kids at once AND they brought there 4 other kids along with them!  That is crazy!!!  Claudia did better getting the injection than she did sitting still in the waiting room!  She likes to move!  After her injection they gave her a lollipop which ended up getting her hands, face, and me sticky!

On Tuesday we went for a nice walk to a park, it was beautiful.  We met another person there that was adopting a 12 year old girl.  I love meeting all of these adoptive families!  Also on Tuesday, the Italian couple got their 6 and 12 year old boys.  They are adorable!  It was fun watching their dad while the oldest was outside playing with the teen girls, he was very worried that he would get hurt!  Tuesday night, a lovely couple from Spain came to the hotel.  They have waited 6 years to adopt an infant from Colombia and will be meeting their son in a few days.  I cannot imagine having to wait that long, a year was long enough!

On Wednesday I had to leave to go back home.  It was such a sad day for me.  We got up at 5:30 and I left Jason and Claudia at the airport around 8:30.  I cannot wait to see them again soon.  I will get to Skype with them tonight at least!  Jason claims that Claudia keeps saying "Mamamama.."  but I still am not convinced she knows the meaning of that word.  Today I went grocery shopping as our house had no food and I got sad when I got to the Goya isle. *Sigh* Please pray that we will all be together again, in the states soon.

I have been asked by many people what we need now that we have met Claudia, so I am going to put some things here for those who are asking:

We need baby gates (we only have 1 right now), toys appropriate for a 18 month old child, a jumper as she loves to bounce, maybe a ride on toy (we have an inflatable she can bounce on and a rocking horse), toys to pull, size 4 diapers, size 5 shoes and she is wearing a size 24month/2T clothes (she is wearing 18 month while in Colombia but will grow out of those quickly).  I have read that they make plates with suction cups on the bottom, these would be great as she throws everything.  I think Jason is trying to get a stroller today.  That is all I can think of off the top of my head, if I think of anything else, I will let you know.

You will now have to bug Jason for updated pictures and videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment