Tuesday, January 29, 2013

One Week Ago

One week ago today I said good bye to my precious little girl and my husband.  I miss them so much and wish that I were still in Colombia.  I wish I could be with them and love on them.  I wish I could help Jason take care of Claudia and be able to give him breaks.  I wish I was still there, bonding with my daughter.  We are so blessed that he is able to take the time off from work to complete the adoption proceedings. I feel bad that he is there by himself and that he has to do a lot of the adoption stuff on his own from here on out.  Unfortunately, I am unable to be with them right now as I am finishing up my last semester of school.  I pray that we get good news soon and that they will both be on a plane home quickly and safely.

I have been able to Skype with Jason and Claudia almost every night since I have been home.  It is such a nice tool to be able to utilize while we are thousands of miles away.  Claudia is not always up for sitting still but we make faces and noises at each other, I can hear her contagious laugh and I hope she remembers me.  It is wonderful to be able to talk to Jason, it is my favorite part of the day.  I can't wait until they get home and we can be a family together again.

Please pray that things move swiftly from here on out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment