Saturday, January 26, 2013

Bargain Shopping

Yesterday Jason and Claudia switched hotels.  They are now staying at a really nice hotel that is less kid friendly and there are no other adoptive families there.  It is unfortunate that they could not stay at the previous hotel but we could not afford it.  The new hotel is the one that they get to stay at for free (minus meals and such).  So as it is a huge blessing to have a free hotel for a few weeks, it will not be as fun for Claudia and Jason.  They were given permission by Hotel Paris to stop by any time and even to eat there, so I think they will be spending a bit of time there still whenever they can make the 3-4 mile walk.  The good thing about the new hotel is that it has a pool.  I can't wait to hear how much Claudia loves that!

Yesterday I went out to get a couple of things.  I ended up next to the local shoe store and decided to go in as it appeared that they were having a big sale and Claudia needed some more shoes to match her outfits.  I ended up getting a screaming deal on 5 pairs of shoes, some that should fit now and a couple that will fit later.  I got all 5 pairs (including the boots) for $23.50.  The original price would have been $84!!!  I love a great deal!  Here they are:


Not a great picture as Jason has all of my cameras and I don't have a fancy phone, but you get the idea!  5 pairs of brand new shoes averaging at $4.70 a piece!  Can you tell I am excited?  We are still in need of size 5 winter boots if anyone has some they no longer need.  Claudia is not going to know what to think about the snow when she gets home!

Hopefully Jason will have some photos to upload and share with everyone soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment