Thursday, August 16, 2012

Shout it out!

We still have not received any new information regarding our dossier.  This could be a good thing or it could just be that no one has looked at it yet.  In reality we probably have a lot more waiting to do.  We got an email from our agency describing our newest timeline.  Now they have sent us time lines before, but to be honest, they have not included many "times."  For example, they never told us how long it would take for Claudia's country to review our dossier.  Perhaps I was naive in my thinking that it would happen quickly and smoothly BUT our agency said we "may hear from them in October." WHAT!  Seriously? But our daughter is waiting, we are waiting... I don't know if I can wait that long without hearing anything.  I will be in need of many prayers to get me through these next few months!  If it takes that long, then it will be Oct/Nov until we can get our referral in and her country closes for December for Holiday.  Guess what that means?  Yea... we may not be traveling until next year.  That sounds like so far away!  This worries me a little not only because I don't want to have to wait that long to see my little girl but the Adoption Tax Credit is set to expire at the end of this year.  If we do not finish our adoption by the end of 2012, we may not be eligible for the tax credit (about $12,000) at all unless it is extended.  I know that it is all in God's timing and not our own but could you say a few prayers for us please?

On another note, I want to thank all of the generous people who have won items from our auction.  So many of you have gone above and beyond in you generosity.  Thank you all so much for helping to make this auction a success!  This adoption is only possible because of you.

Claudia, Your mommy and daddy are working so hard to bring you home so that you may know the love of a family.  We cannot wait to hold you in our arms.  You have so many people out there that love you and are helping us bring you home!

1 comment: