Friday, August 24, 2012

Mini Vacation

Now that I have a little while to sit down I can finally write a little!

This past weekend Jason and I got to spend some time with his parents, brother, his brothers girlfriend and their long time friend Casey.  We were up in the great old Adirondack mountains.  This has been a yearly trip for us for years now, we go up to Fourth Lake and spend a few days in a beautiful cabin.  We usually visit Old Forge and Inlet and eat at some AMAZING Restaurants.

In Old Forge there is this little Italian restaurant called Billys, the food is some of the BEST we have ever eaten and we always have leftovers.  The Pork a la Billys is fantastic, pulled pork over pasta.. oooh so good!  In Inlet we went to the Woods Inn where we got our own private dining room with a balcony overlooking a beautiful sunset.  At the Woods Inn, I highly suggest you get their Tuxedo dessert: white chocolate and chocolate mousse covered in a chocolate ganache.. deliciouso!  Hungry yet?

It was a great time of enjoying the company of family and friends and relaxing.  Monday I had a pretty rough day, felt down right sick.  It was the worst I have felt in 9 years and of course it had to happen while on vacation.  I did not eat anything all day except a small piece of cheese (Adirondack Cheddar... so good).  I took lots of meds and was feeling OK enough to attempt dinner, it was a good thing I did, that was the night we went to the Woods Inn.  Can you tell I love food?  I was able to eat a good amount for dinner without feeling too bad.  The rest of the vacation I did not feel nearly as ill.  Jason took good care of me, I love that man!

We did not get a chance to actually get out on the lake but we hung out on the dock and on the back porch with a great lake view.  We had a great time up there but we kept thinking about Claudia, about how much we could do with her if she were with us.  We also decided there were many stores that we would be unable to take her in or would have to carry her in.  We talked about her going in the water with floaties.  I cannot wait until she is here and we can do all of that with her.  I know that so many things will be different once she is here but we look forward to all of the exciting new adventures we will have once we have our daughter with us.

For your viewing pleasure:
Ryan, Holly and Casey on the balcony of the Woods Inn.

Jason and I on the balcony at the Woods Inn.

Sunset and view at the Woods Inn.

The beautiful sunset and view behind the Woods Inn.


The lovely view from the back deck of the cabin.


Taken from the dock at the cabin.


Jason and I outside of the cabin.

No comments:

Post a Comment