Thursday, May 17, 2012

It's a Waiting Game

We are still waiting for our home study approval certificate to come in the mail.  I am hoping that it will come tomorrow so that we can get our USCIS paperwork out this weekend.  I now have a little more free time on my hands to focus on the adoption, for that I am so grateful!  I feel like I can now be more proactive, but how?  I wish I could just make people work faster, you know what I mean?  I don't know how long our USCIS paperwork or our background checks will take, these will be the longest parts of the adoption, although I hope they will move quickly! 

Now that I have had a little more time, I finally planted my veggie garden!  I am excited about it this year and hope that it does well.  However, if we are traveling this summer like we hope to, someone else will have to come over and enjoy the spoils of my garden:)  I planted some tomatoes, hot peppers, green peppers yellow squash, butternut squash and purple green beans (they turn green when you cook them, so cool!)  I also have a bunch of strawberries that seem to be doing great as well.  I only have a few of each planted since my garden is not very big, and only 1 squash plant per kind because they get HUGE!  Last year was my first year at attempting a garden, it went OK but this year, I think I have learned more... we will see!  I will have to add some pics of my garden once it get growing well.

Please continue to pray for our adoption, for the health of Claudia, for our papers to move quickly into the appropriate hands, for fast approvals and for the finances needed to bring her home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment