Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Current Happenings

Things have been fairly stagnant with the adoption lately.  We received notification from the USCIS that they got our paperwork and they cashed our check.  Today we received our receipt in the mail for our USCIS Applications stating that it is being forwarded to the Hague Adoption Unit!  We are still waiting to hear back from the FBI with our background checks.  We are also having a difficult time finding a licensed psychologist to perform our psychological evaluations that the country requires.  Thats where we are right now.

The last week has been so busy but not in a bad way.  Last Tuesday Jason and I went to see Abby (remember our Sunday "daughter?") perform in her band and chorus concerts and afterwards went to get coffee with some of our great friends. 

Jason, Abby and I after the concert

Abby and Grace (our other Sunday daughter :-p)  Abby had SOOOO many people show up to support her, we seriously took up over a row, it was awesome!


We got a lot of yardwork done this past week and Jason got a string trimmer from his grandma, yay!  My garden is coming along nicely but I have to water it a lot each day since it has been so HOT and DRY over the last few weeks.

I picked up a pet sitting job last week and got to watch several cats, 2 dogs and 2 horses!  That was pretty fun, AND I get to watch them all again next week!  This week I am "plant sitting" I get to water plants for the week :)  I am happy to be picking up these little jobs on top of my "real" job to bring in some extra money to bring Claudia home!

I have been selling jewelry from my Etsy shop and did well last week with that: www.simplyvintagefun.etsy.com

My aunt Pam held a yard sale this past week to help raise money for us and Claudia and that brought in about $200+.  Not too bad!  My mom and I are planning on hosting a big yard sale/garage sale in a few weeks and have some donations coming in to help with that! 

We are in need of about $4500 in the near future.  If you can help out, it would be greatly appreciated.  Prayers are always needed too!  Thank you for your support and for following along with our blog.

1 comment: