Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Update

Sorry it has been so long since I have updated.  My final class of my nursing school started up last week and I have been super busy with it!  45 days and counting till graduation though! 

Claudia has been doing great.  Sometimes I cannot get over how smart she is.  She is copying everything WE do.  It used to be that she would want us to copy her but now she is watching us more closely.  She scratched her head after Jason scratched his the other day and she will now point telling the dog to go to bed when I do it.  She is becoming quite the sponge.  Her sign language is progressing.  This weekend we had a very proud moment at dinner where she pointed at what she wanted and signed "more" followed by "please."  We were amazed that she put them together by herself. She also knows "mama," "all done," "help," and "I love you."  When she signs "I love you" it looks like she is calling us a loser lol. 

We are seeing more and more purposeful play and slightly less throwing of her toys.  She is still throwing her sippy cup everywhere though.  She has been eating well.  She gets CRANKY if she does not get a nap in but there are still days that she does not fall asleep for her nap.  Those are usually the days that we have things to do with other people too!  Easter for example... ugh.  She can be so grumpy, but then again, I am grumpy when I am tired too! 

We have a meeting next week to discuss preschool and her therapies, hopefully she can start preschool soon and her social skills will continue to improve.  She will also receive therapy while she is in preschool.  Hopefully we will know more next week.

Here are some pics from Easter and more.  Enjoy!










 

No comments:

Post a Comment