Friday, July 13, 2012

Getting closer...

Today was a super busy day!  I finally got all of our documents certified, now they are ready to be Apostilled on Monday and we almost have enough money to do it!  We have had some very generous donations come in and we feel so so SO blessed!  I want to thank each and every donor, ever little or big donation has helped us to get this far.  Did I mention how blessed we are?  I wanted to remind everyone that has donated (unless you wish to stay anonymous of course) to convo me with your name so that I can have Kaleigh put your name on a puzzle piece!  Let's get this puzzle done so that it can be placed on Claudia's wall before she gets home!


Today was also a sad day.  My sweet kitty Gracie has two mammary tumors.  Almost 90% of mammary tumors in cats are malignant and of those that are surgically removed 66% of them grow back.  Gracie is only 10-12 years old which is not very old for a cat but she is sick right now.  I do not think she would even survive surgery.  There is no way to tell if the tumors are cancerous unless they remove them and we won't know if it is spreading until it gets bad enough to show up in a chest x-ray.  By then, it will have spread to her lungs :(  In order to do surgery she would need blood tests done to see if she is healthy enough for it.  All said and done the vet estimated $550 for everything, after paying over $100 for today's visit.  We have some decisions to make but for now we are going to get her health back up (she recently had an allergic reaction and licked herself raw) and go from there.  Hopefully the tumors are benign and she will be comfortable for many more years!

Gracie is the Tortie, the other kitty is Cerulea (She has beautiful blue eyes).  Gracie is such a good motherly kitty (not really Cerulea's mother though, at least as far as we know)

She gives you some strange looks but is a total sweetheart that likes to give hugs!
My vet and the County Clerk are both in the same town so thankfully I got to take care of two things in one trip!  That almost never happens.  I went to the County Clerks office first since you never know how long you will be at the vet (or the County Clerks for that matter...).  Before going, I called to make sure that someone would be there to authenticate our paperwork (I am learning to call before trying to do anything lately!).  While on the phone I asked them if I could bring my cat in since I would not leave her in my car considering it was 95 degrees outside today!  They did not have a problem with it since she would be in a carrier.  I sure did get some strange looks when I walked in with a cat though!

That is all of the updates I have for today.  Have a great weekend everyone and pray the we get some rain up here, we are in drought conditions and it is HOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment