Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Trip one, Part 2

On the second day of the trip I was quite tired! I still was not able to get much sleep, it was fragmented and maybe 4.5 hours total, the excitement, the jetlag... it was all catching up to me.  Funny thing is, what kept me awake was dogs barking all night. Um... I used to live above a kennel... Oh well. Also, the people here tend to stay up late and sleep in, so there was a lot of noise. I was even wearing ear plugs.  Other than feeling tired, my stomach felt much better!  I did however have some respiratory issues in country due to all of the smoking and air pollution but it was not too bad/

For the second day, I was able to go visit the children in the morning and again in the afternoon.  In the morning I fed Chance his breakfast, as I did that and Callie came down stairs and gave me a hug. She was her silly self and Chance was his content self.

Each day I was doing my best to figure out what clothing sizes the children were in.  The problem was that often the tags were not in the clothing.  One day Chance was wearing a 24 month onsie, a 12-18 month shirt and a 6-9 month sweater (they dress the children VERY warm). So, I'm still not sure quite what fits him, I'm thinking perhaps 18-24month when he comes home.  Chance's shoes looked bigger than Claudia's but when I took one off, I realized that he has tiny feet like Claudia and that his shoes were just very big. I'm still pretty clueless on Callie's size as well.

During my afternoon visit on the second day, to get my attention, Callie called me Mama! She is a very sweet girl. She can be a bit rough on Chance but does not mean any harm, she loves him.  That day I also had the pleasure of watching Callie dance.  She turned on the CD player and was dancing along with the childrens songs (in English). It looks like we may have dance classes in our future!  Chance was chewing his spoon, I was told that he was unable to chew yet and is still not on solids. Chance was much more interactive by the second day, he played more with the toys and was throwing/pushing his toys onto the floor.  Callie found that to be pretty funny! At one point Chance started stomping his feet, Callie did not seem to much like his foot stomping while she was watching TV!  She kept pointing at him and his feet with a look on her face like "Mom, seriously, make him stop!  I'm trying to watch TV."  Haha, such a pre-teen!
 
Chance is still a bit unsteady with sitting although he holds himself up pretty well. He is also just starting to try to stand. Overall, Chance is a pretty easy going boy. He is often happy and laughs when tickled.  I've barely seen him get upset.

I can't wait until the fall when these two can finally come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment