Friday, April 10, 2015

Trip 1, Part 3

By the third day I was getting more comfortable with my surroundings and sleeping better.  I was playing more with some of the other children in the orphanage and not just Chance and Callie. There are some super cute kids in Chance's group. They loved the attention and were all smiles!  It is so hard to know that several of them still do not have families.
On the third day of my trip I took Callie to an appointment to have blood drawn.  She sat on my lap to and from the lab center. While there, Callie sat very patiently in the waiting room watching the TV. She was concerned about the needle stick but did very well. Callie didn't cry, she just watched them take the blood.
When we got back to the orphanage, Callie insisted taking us down the alley before going back inside. She said there was a dog back there. Sure enough there was a black dog (chow mix or similar) at the end of the alley in a fenced off area. I guess she just wanted to show me! After we dropped her back off at the orphanage, I went to lunch with the other adoptive mom. We went to a themed restaurant, it was based on an older comedy based in the Caucus Mountains. It was a really neat place and I'm sure I could appreciate it even more if I knew the movie. I had some sort of very flavorful pork and potatoes. Have I mentioned how amazing the bread here is? YUM!!! Oh, and I love the coffee and  lattes here!
After lunch I had my second visit of the day. I fed Chance his snack/lunch (they eat at odd times there) and then took him up to play/watch Barney with the older children and Callie. That afternoon, I made some new friends with some of the older children in the orphanage. They are so cute and many of them try calling me "mama" or "papa." I know that 3 of these children have families currently in the process to adopt them, I hope more families will step forward for these sweet children soon!
While we were upstairs with the older children, Callie was not super interested in interacting with me much (after all she was watching TV!), however, she frequently looked back at me smiling or making sure I was watching her. One of the nannies asked Callie which orphanage she preferred (she was brought to Chance's orphanage for the week so I did not have to travel between the two and could spend more time with both children), Callie said she likes this one, because her mama is here heart emoticon So sweet! 
I had an amazing dinner at Artbridge, the restaurant I ate at on my first afternoon there.  It's a cute little place and the food is very good! I had chicken with apricots and plums with rice on the side. I really enjoyed the food on my trip, and the prices were very reasonable!
Each day it was hard to leave the kids behind knowing that it was one day closer to having to leave them for months.  However, each day that goes by is one day closer to getting to see them again and have them be my children forever!  Chance is such a little man, quite easy going. I think I only heard him cry once or twice while I was there. I love his smile and his giggles.  Callie is a sweetheart and a clown.  She is very smart and I look forward to watching her thrive when she finally gets to come home. Both children are loved and well cared for, however orphanages cannot provide for children the same way that a family can.

No comments:

Post a Comment