Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers Day

I know it has been a while since I have posted. Things have been quite busy around here lately.

Jason has spent what seems like every last waking moment (when he is not at work) doing the roof on our house.  There was 5 layers of shingles on the roof so it has been a long, tough job.  Especially since he has been doing it by himself.  He is almost done with the first section and will start the main roof of the house sometime soon.  I can't wait for this HUGE job to be done so i can have my husband back!



 
Claudia, Jason and I all have had some sort of upper respiratory infection.  Claudia has not been super happy because of this and is tired all of the time.  She has been taking very long naps. She is on medication and seems to be getting better but she had to miss 2 days of school last week. 
 
Claudia has been working hard at school and seems to be slightly more interested in the other children.  I hope that she will soon learn to play nicely with other kids.  She has been getting better petting the cat instead of pulling her fur/tail/ears every time she touches her, so maybe it will happen with the kids too!  One thing is for sure though, she charms all of the adults she meets, until she pulls their hair that is ;) 
 
This week at school, Claudia "made" me a sweet Mothers Day gift :) 
 


I feel blessed to be her mommy and I hope that she loves me too!  She has come so far in the 4 months that I have known her.  She is super smart and I can't wait to see all of the things she is going to accomplish.  Last night we were working on some sign language.  It started because I asked her if she wanted more Cheerio's and she signed "yes" without any prompting or sign on my part!  I was so proud of her so we continued to work on her sign language.  She was standing against a wall and signing to me when I asked her to.  When Claudia decided she had had enough she tucked her hands behind her back and laughed because she would not bring them in front of her... such a smart little stinker!

This morning we "slept in" a little, as much as Claudia would allow us to.  Jason made some yummy stuffed french toast and then mowed the lawn for me (that is what I wanted for Mother's day).  We went to Church in the late morning and came back home and put Claudia down for her nap.  This afternoon I got some yard work done and had a nice lunch with Jason.  My mother stopped over for a little while as well.  Tonight we are going over to Jason's parents to have dinner with them.  A very busy but nice day.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you Mother's and soon-to-be Mother's!

No comments:

Post a Comment