Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Filling the Hours

There is very little of interest happening right now; Claudia and I just try to make the days go by as quickly as possible while waiting for the word that we can travel back to her district.
 
Today we went to UniCentro with Natalie and Sara. I was looking for a new backpack, because mine is completely done for. I don't actually have to open the zipper to get anything out of the big pocket because the side is completely torn. Unfortunately, the only thing I could find that's even close to what I have was 116,000 pesos (about $65 USD). Considering I'll probably never use it again, I thought I'd just get some tape to hold it together for a while longer. Apparently duct tape doesn't exist here either.
 
I also left the charger for my cell phone in the first hotel room we had, so I've been stretching the charge on it, because the only way to get a charger for this phone is to buy the phone brand new. We went to 4 different stores looking for a charger today, and found nothing but derision.
 
On a positive note, Claudia got to swing for quite a while today. I think if I let her, she'd just stay in the swing all day.
 
It's really hard to get good pictures or videos when it's just Claudia and I, but I keep trying. I also have a lot of trouble uploading videos that are more than 30 seconds or so long, but I'm doing my best to keep everyone up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment