Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Confessions...

I have a confession to make, these last couple of months have been HARD.  I have been an emotional train wreck (I really do feel bad for my husband)! 

Between not knowing when we were traveling, hoping Claudia could be home for Christmas, the judicial strike in her country, knowing she would NOT be home for Christmas, false hopes, financial setbacks, thinking the strike was over, learning it is still ongoing... I am emotionally drained.  This is just the stuff in our adoption that has been causing stress, on top of that I have been having a very difficult time this semester in school.  Getting up to go to work has been tougher than usual as well.

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger right?  I tell you all of this not to whine and complain but to tell you that even through these times of intense struggles God has been there for me.

Many mornings, especially when my motivation has been lacking, God shows me that He is there.  I don't know if any of you have seen these beautiful sunrises lately but I have felt God's presence in each and every one.  On my way to school or work several times over the last month or two, God has been blessing me with these gorgeous sunrises.  I keep telling myself that I need to bring a camera in my car with me.  (I also need to remind myself to drive carefully and pay attention to the road as I find myself turning my head view them.)  I was leaving my house a couple of days ago I was finally able to snap a picture of the sun coming up.  It is not a great picture compared to the ones I could get if I were actually on the road, some of those views are absolutely breathtaking, but I got a picture none-the-less.  Enjoy!

Taken from outside of my house


So, I am thankful for small blessings, for God's daily reminders of His love for me.  No matter how you are feeling, always know that God is there.  This is something I need to be reminded of frequently as of late.

Have a happy Thanksgiving to all of my US friends.  Count your blessings and be a blessing to others this holiday season.  Safe travels to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment