Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sorry for the lack of posts...

I have been so terrible at posting lately and am sorry for that!  Things here have been a roller coaster ride of sorts!

Last Sunday was my birthday, Happy Birthday to me!  It was also Fathers Day!  Jason and I spent a nice morning together, he made me breakfast of eggs, bacon and toast :)  We had a good time at Church and spent the afternoon together before heading over to his parents house for a nice dinner with his parents and grandmothers.

Jason is such an amazing husband and I thank God for him every day.  We have come a long way in the nearly ten years we have been together.  We cannot wait to really begin the journey of parenting.  Jason is so excited tat he even "helped" Claudia pick out a birthday present for me! 



Isn't he just too awesome!  I did have to point out that it says for ages 4+ but he says we will help her!  Haha, I love that man!  She also "gave" me a card:



I love it!

This past weekend on Thursday, Friday and Saturday we had our BIG garage sale.  You would not believe how huge it was.  Seriously!  We had the garage and sun porch completely full PLUS the equivalent of 5-6 tables in the driveway, two huge tarps in the driveway, a retaining wall covered in items and the stuff on the ground!  It was A TON of work but it went very well.  Overall we made a little more than $800 for the adoption including the donations.  We had some wonderful friends posting about the sale on Facebook and I posted it 3 times on craigslist.  We had a great turn out on all three days!  My 6th (ok now 7th) graders Abby and Grace showed up to help out on Friday, they did an awesome job!  I love those girlies :)  The sale was sooo much work.  We spent several evenings tagging and setting up everything, trying to organize it and then getting it outside WOW, garage sales are very tiring.  Today I am just trying to relax, I am whipped but it was so worth it.  I got to spread the word about Reeces Rainbow and the troubles that children with special needs face in other countries.  The postings that our friends did on facebook not only brought people to our sale but has also helped bring money in from outside of the sale, how awesome is that!?  The leftover items from the sale will be donated to our Church's yard sale benefiting our special needs ministry called the Friendship Ministry.  Win, Win, Win for everyone!

I want to thank everyone who donated items for our sale and everyone who posted and re posted about it on Facebook.  It is because of you that it was such a success.  You are all such wonderful people, THANK YOU!

After a nice week it ended with some not-so-good news.  We are still running into difficulties with our agency about our psychological report.  They don't like the way it was done and are requesting more changes that our Psychologist does not seem to think need to be made.  Please pray that they can overcome their differences and do what is right by us and for Claudia.  We are on hold until this can all be resolved and we are unsure of how long it could hold us up, possibly for 3-4 weeks.  We do not want that at all!

More to come as we get more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment