Saturday, November 14, 2015

Angel Tree 2015

It's that time of year again Reece's Rainbow's Angel Tree!  Angel Tree is up and running and this year I have chosen a 12 year old girl called "Rebecca" from Asia to be my Angel Tree child.  My goal is to raise at least $1000 towards a grant fund for her.  On the right hand side of this blog you will see the link to her page.

Here is what Rebecca's file says about her (and continue reading to learn see some great T-shirts to help her grant fund grow):
PRC
Down syndrome
A family hosted her two summers ago and would love to see her find her forever family. They’d be happy to talk to inquiring families.  Comments from her host mother:
She is spunky, lively, funny. She had SUCH personality. She responded to love, to being held. She was strong-willed. Very much a “mommy”, too. But, if you had to tell her she did something she shouldn’t, she would break down and cry. So, I would hold her on my lap and she would curl up, close her eyes, and fake being asleep. She just wanted to be loved. She was funny, and LOVED to help. She loved sweeping and cleaning.

When here, we got her glasses but she didn’t like to wear them. She even hid them once. I would try to get her to wear them, but I didn’t want a “battle of wills” to develop. I let it go, and she would occasionally put them on. She had nystagmus, her eyes shook, and her head would shake a bit, too. It was very endearing to me. When she would insist on something she would stomp her foot, cross her arms, and give me a serious look. It made me smile. She can be bossy!
She LOVED swimming! The picture in the purple shirt and sunglasses is at the pool. Every day she would put her swimsuit on, waiting to go swimming, all ready to go in case we went! She blossomed so much! When she first came, she would not let me hug her, or touch her. I kept at it, she eventually curled up in my lap when upset. I would rock her to sleep.
She had the BEST laugh! I mean, with her entire heart and soul!! I. Loved. It!

Why did I choose Rebecca?  She reminds me so much of our Milena.  She is sweet, funny and mommy-like and they were both born in the summer of 2003.  Milena waited nearly 12 years for a family of her own and Rebecca is still waiting.  I am hoping that my advocating for her this Angel Tree will help get her some exposure as well as raise some funds towards her grant.  Now for a few pictures of sweet Rebecca:




How sweet is this precious girl?  I am in contact with the family that hosted her a couple of summers ago.  If you have questions, I can direct you to the family.

How can you help?  You can use Rebecca's link on the side of my page to make a direct donation to her Angel Tree fun.  If you donate $35 or more, you will receive a Christmas ornament with her beautiful picture on it!

I will also be holding several fundraisers over the next weeks to help raise her grant money.  I currently have several t-shirt fundraisers going on and will list them all below.  Each of the t-shirts is available in more colors than are pictured below and most are offered as a unisex size, women's size and sweatshirt.  Please take a look at the pictures below to see my current T-shirt fundraisers:



ORDER HERE


ORDER HERE


ORDER HERE


ORDER HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment