Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Updates and Reunion!

There is not a lot to update you all on as far as our adoption of Chance and Callie goes.  We are just about ready to send our paperwork off to the state capitol to be Apostilled and then we will submit our Dossier.  We hope that our case is seen quickly and that a referral will be made.  I really hope that I will be able to travel in the late fall, I'm not wanting to go in the winter! 

We have finally gotten confirmation that Callie will indeed be 11 this year, not 8.  We were pretty sure this was the case, but we finally have it in writing.  We did not care one way or another, but we wanted to be as prepared as possible!

Jason and I have been doing a lot of research and had many discussions on adopting an older child.  Things will go much differently with this adoption compared to Claudia's adoption.  Most of this is because both Chance and Callie are in orphanages (Claudia was in foster care), and also because Callie is an older child and may have more difficulty in her transition into a home.  I will write a more detailed blog post about how things will work once we get the children home once we get closer to having them home.

Please continue to pray for our soon-to-be children and for a smooth and quick process.

We are quickly finding out this summer that Claudia is a water bug :)  Our friend brought over a small pool for Claudia to use at home and she loves it!







We spent the last couple of days in Cave City KY hanging out at the 2014 Reece's Rainbow Reunion!  We had a blast meeting other families that are "in the know."  It is nice to talk with other adoptive families, especially ones who have adopted children with special needs.  It helps us to feel like we are not alone in some of our struggles.  One of the best parts of our time at the reunion was meeting so many children that I had seen only in pictures through Reece's Rainbow.  It is amazing to see how far they have come!  I wish I had my camera on me and was able to take more pictures.

I did however get some pictures of Claudia enjoying the water :)

 
 



 
 
 
She did not care much for the splash pad, except to play with her reflection, and lick the water...

 
Just hanging out...
 

 
 
 
 

 




 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love this! What a precious gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Angie-

    I'm sorry I didn't meet you (and Claudia!)at the RR "family reunion" earlier this week, but wanted you to know that Callie's Angel Tree ornament is now hanging on one of my kitchen cabinet knobs, along with other my ornaments for children who've found families. I am so happy for her - and for your family.

    Best wishes,
    Susan in Ky (but no longer at the reunion)
    Cousin to 2 from U.

    ReplyDelete